Rich in history, literature and culture, Tamil Nadu is strongly rooted in its heritage despite progressing by leaps and bounds. The state has five World Heritage Monument sites certified by UNESCO, 48 Centres declared as Heritage Towns by the Government of Tamil Nadu and Innumerable Heritage Monuments declared by the Archaeological Survey of India and the Archaeology Department, Government of Tamil Nadu.
The splendour of South Indian architecture radiates brightly in this shore. The majesty and glory of the Mamallapuram Shore Temple is one for all ages. Close your eyes. Meditate. Relieve yourself from the pressures of the world.
There are some structures that would take your breath away in the very first glimpse. Here is one such wonder, so stunning and imposing. The Airavatesvara Temple is a splendid example of a place of worship rich in grandeur, history and divinity
Amid thousands of sacred hymns glow a world of enchanting beauty – one that tells many stories of dynasties, historic triumphs and timeless traditions. The Brihadeeswara Temple is a testimony to the Dravidian architecture of the Chola Period.
Soulfully – Spiritual
- Thingaloor – Shri Kailasanathar Temple [Chandran Temple]
- Alangudi – Shri Apatsahayesvarar Guru Bhagavan Temple [Jupiter Temple]
- Thirunageswaram – Shri Naganatha Swamy Temple [Raghu]
- Thirumangalakudi – Shri Siva Suriyanar Temple [Sun Temple]
- Kanchanur – Shri AgniswararShukran Temple [Venus Temple]
- Vaitheeswaram – Shri Vaitheeswaran Temple [Mars Temple]
- Thiruvengadu – Sri SwetharanyeswararBhudan Temple [Mercury Temple]
- Kezhaperumpallam – Shri Naganathaswamy Temple [Kethu]
- Thirunallar – Shri Saniswara Temple [Saturn Temple]
Padal Petra Thalangal
Paadal Petra Sthalams are the 275 Siva temples that are revered in the Tevaram verses of the Nayanars, wher at least one of Sambandar, Appar and Sundarar have sung at least one full pathigam dedicated to the specific temple. There are many temples where only one of the three (Moovar) have sung, and a few where all three of them have sung pathigams.